Saturday, June 16, 2012

Comments from Teachers in Past Camps (3 of 3 posts)

Questions #3 (Final question):  What things did you bring from home that you're glad you brought?

  • My own craft items (popsickle sticks, yarn, extra construction paper)
  • Picture of my family/friends for bedside
  • Board games and card games for my classroom
  • Music, pictures, cell phone that works in china (unlocked cell phone)
  • Neck pillow for flight, laptop, ipod, sling purse, small blanket, stickers, stamps, American flag bandanas for my kids, t-shirt/hat for my TA, construction paper
  • Laundry bag, watch**, extra towels, prizes for class, US currency for student gifts
  • Nail polish remover, photos from home, hair care products from home if you’re African American (couldn’t find what I needed in shanghai), sheets
  • Mp3 player, books
  • Bible, laptop, pictures of family, movies, gifts
  • Sheets, pillow, big handheld mirror, popcicle sticks (wish I would have brought big ball of yarn/string)
  • SNACKS! Plenty of snacks!  They lasted the whole month and I was able to share with my TA and students.  Small blanket was also good, since my room was always cold.
  • School supplies, bring lots.  I didn’t bring enough
  • Entertainment, school supplies/crafts, food, speakers (for ipod), shaving cream (to write with on desks and for shaving), deodorant (can’t buy deodorant in shanghai)
  • Pillow and extra blanket
  • Wish I would have brought more coffee and more books
  • Computer (read right off of it in my classroom and used it in my dorm for music), wooden ice cream sticks and shaving cream for crafts and learning games
  • Brought extra English workbooks
  • Iron, wish I’d brought sheets and pillow case and towel
  • Computer, usb drive;  wish I’d brought books and movies
  • Laptop, construction paper, markers (amber note: hard to find good markers in china; couldn't find crayola brand), glue
  • Tape/string/yarn to hang kids work or decorations from ceiling, ipod, laptop, favorite snacks (fruit rollups), pictures of your family/friends, deodorant
  • Crafts, my own pillow, comfort foods, blankets, towels
  • Candy, scissors, glue, crayons